This recipe was given to me by my cousin Amber. It's a recipe that she found on the Real Simple website and says it's a show stopper!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 18 scallions (white and light green parts), sliced
- 1.5 pounds new potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 1.5 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1.25 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
scallions and cook 1 minute. Add the potatoes, wine, cream, broth,
salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat
and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Ladle the
soup into individual bowls and sprinkle with the remaining pepper.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe from Culinary Collage.