This is a bit healthier than the restaurant version and much tastier.
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cubed
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup carrot strips
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup naturally brewed soy sauce
- 8 ounce can pineapple chunks, juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
Brown chicken in oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add red bell pepper, carrot, sugar snap peas and garlic. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and soy sauce; pour mixture into the skillet, along with the pineapple (including liquid), vinegar, sugar and ginger. Stir together and bring to a full boil.
Serve over your favorite brown rice and sprinkle with almonds.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe from Culinary Collage.