I love shrimp and pasta together and this is such a quick and easy meal to prepare. You can use any veggies that you prefer.
Ingredients for sauce:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 4 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces of asparagus cut into two in pieces (I was out of it here)
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1/2 pound raw peeled and cleaned shrimp, medium to large
- White wine to de-glaze pan
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta of choice
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Parmesan cheese to taste
Place butter into a small saucepan and melt on medium heat; continue to heat over medium heat until butter turns golden brown in color. Once the butter reaches the desired color; remove from heat. Let cool for 3 minutes and add balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
Directions for pasta:
Boil pasta according to directions.
While pasta is cooking add olive oil and butter to saute pan over medium heat. Add vegetables and garlic, saute until done. Remove from pan and set aside. Add shrimp into hot pan the vegetables were in and cooked until just pink. De-glaze the pan with white wine and add back in vegetables, add cooked pasta, walnuts, sauce and stir.
Serve with Parmesan on side.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe from Culinary Collage.