Fajitas are one of my favorite Mexican meals. They're quick and easy to prepare.
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more for grilling vegetables
- 1/3 cup naturally brewed soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds skirt steak
- 1 large onion, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Toppings of your choice such as salsa, cheese, jalapeno, guacamole and sour cream
In a large Ziploc bag mix olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, lime juice, cayenne, cumin and brown sugar. Add your skirt steak to marinade and refrigerate for one hour.
Preheat your barbecue grill.
After steak is marinated remove if from the refrigerator allowing it to come to room temperature before grilling. While your meat coming to room temperature slice your vegetables and wrap your tortillas in foil.
Put your steak on open grill turning after 4 - 5 minutes until medium rare. Using a grilling pan grill your veggies with a small amount of olive oil. Place tortillas on upper rack of grill to warm. Remove beef from grill and allow to rest before slicing. Thinly slice against the grain on a bias.
Serve with choice of toppings.