- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur's white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup low fat milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen berries
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Preheat the oven 350. Lightly grease a muffin tin and set aside.
Mix the flours, baking powder, and salt medium bowl.
In another bowl, whisk beaten egg with the milk and butter, agave nectar and lemon zest. Pour these wet ingredients over the dry, then add the fruit. Fold until just combined.
Fill your muffin cups 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean. Cool slightly in the pan before removing to a cooling rack.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe from Culinary Collage.