- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups milk or dark chocolate raisinets
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugars. Mix in the eggs one at a time and then add the vanilla.
In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix.
Stir in the oatmeal and raisinets.
Using a medium cookie scoop form balls and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten the balls slightly and bake 14 - 16 minutes or until edges are light brown.
Remove from baking tray and let cool on baking rack. Store in airtight container.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe from Culinary Collage.