This recipe is adapted from the Olive Garden version of this Italian soup.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2/3 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 onion; chopped
- 2 carrots; sliced
- 2 stalks celery; diced
- 16 ounces canned tomatoes; diced
- 15 ounce can red kidney beans; drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can cannelloni beans; drained and rinsed
- 2 - 14 ounce cans beef stock
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cups of medium whole wheat pasta shells
Saute sausage in oil in large pot until it starts to brown. Add onion, carrots, celery and tomatoes and simmer for about 10 minutes. Drain and rinse beans and add to the pot. Also add beef stock, oregano, pepper, parsley, tabasco, spaghetti sauce, and noodles. Simmer until celery and carrots are tender, about 45 minutes.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe from Culinary Collage.