- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons naturally brewed soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon Asian chili paste
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (thinly cut & poached)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces button or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup salted peanuts, roasted & chopped
Combine the peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, lemon juice, chicken stock, brown sugar, garlic, chili paste, salt, and cayenne in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly and cook until thickened. Cover and set aside.
Poach chicken and drain excess water.
Cook spaghetti and drain. Toss with 2 tablespoons of peanut oil. Cover and set aside.
In a wok or large saute pan heat remaining peanut oil and stir fry the vegetables. Once vegetables are cooked as desired, lower heat and add chicken, pasta and sauce. Stir together so that the sauce is evenly distributed and all of the ingredients are desired temperature.
Serve with peanuts for topping.