November 28, 2012

WHAT I'VE BEEN DOING LATELY

My new sewing machine......a Brother CS6000i.

I've been thinking about buying a sewing machine for a while now.  I was online going back and forth one evening and my boyfriend said "let me just order that for you".  He's a sweetheart like that and here I am sewing again.  I'm having a great time looking at sewing blogs, shopping for fabric and dreaming about all of the cute projects I want to create.  I spend way too much time in the fabric store just trying to decide on fabric, but I love it! 

I used to sew every now and again about twenty years ago on an old hand me down portable machine that I got from my parents friend when I was in my late teens.  I used that machine until I was in my early twenties and then never picked it up again until now.  My passion for sewing came from my great grandmother who taught me to sew on an old Singer treadle machine when I was about seven years old.   My chin was pretty much even with the sewing table as I was sewing just so that my feet could reach the treadle.  I'm sure that I only sewed scraps of fabric together, but it gave me the bug.

I love this new sewing machine!  It does everything I've wanted it to do and it's just so user friendly. 

So far, I've made a small tote with a matching wristlet, a couple pair of flannel boxers for lounging around the house, and two cute throw pillows for our spare bedroom.  Right now, I'm in the process of making a duvet cover for our bed with a cute chocolate lab throw pillow too.

Maybe I'll post some of my projects here as I complete them.


We're trying to eat more fresh fruits and veggies!

I've also been trying to create some vegetarian and vegan meals.  I know that I've been so bad about posting here and I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things really soon. 

I always read the posts on Pinch of Yum to see how well their blog does each month and hopefully one day it will inspire me to do the same thing.

I want to thank Tracy from Tracy's Living Cookbook for the inspiration to make some vegan meals of my own.  She recently posted a recipe called Cheezy Beany Bean Dip and I used the bean portion of this recipe to make Spicy Bean Tostadas.  This recipe was such a hit that I made it again a few days later....yum!

See you soon!

2 comments:

Tracy's Living Cookbook said...

How fun for me to turn on my computer and see my blog linked here! Thanks Terry Ann!

Culinary Collage said...

I was happy to link to your blog Tracy....it really did inspire me....thanks again!

Related Posts with Thumbnails